Geeks and Converse go to together like http and the browser. So we're offering the first 500 people who register for OSCON $50 to spend on Converse merchandise. That means not only will you be attending the 5-day festival of geekery that OSCON is, but you may also choose a fun new pair of sneakers to debut there.
And of course like all good offers, we have a few restrictions. First, you must use discount code CONVERSE when you register, and you can't combine it with any other discount code. You also have to pay for your registration. And unfortunately the offer doesn't apply to Expo Hall Plus passes.
US Attendees: you will receive a $50 Converse egift card to get any merchandise you want, not just sneakers. We'll email you a gift card and then you'll place your own order on converse.com. We'll also give you a 20% off code to use, which makes the Chuck Taylor classic low top sneakers just $40 and leaves you plenty of money left over to cover the shipping cost. If you want a different style or item, you can do that to, you'll just have to cover the difference (if there is one).
For attendees with billing addresses outside the US: you will get a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor classic low top sneaker in any color and size that you want (choose from the classic colors or fresh colors). We'll email you with more details regarding your order and will have your shoes waiting for you when you arrive at OSCON in Portland.
using code CONVERSE
Below are all the official terms and conditions of this Converse promotion:
Please read these conditions before entering the OSCON 2014 Converse promotion (the "Promotion") sponsored by O'Reilly Media, Inc. By entering and participating, you agree to the terms set forth below. Please be advised, the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Converse Inc. or its parent company, Nike, Inc.
- Open to all qualifying registrants of OSCON 2014, as set forth herein.
- Sponsored by O'Reilly Media, Inc. ("Sponsor").
- Promotion begins when the registration feature on the OSCON website has been activated and continues until 500 eligible registrants have been verified by O'Reilly ("Promotion Period").
- During the Promotion Period, please complete the online registration process for a 2-day, 3-day, 4-day or 5-day or All Access OSCON pass, including use of discount code CONVERSE and remittance of the qualifying registration fee, in full, for the O'Reilly OSCON 2014 conference (the "Conference"). Valid only for new registrations for 2-day, 3-day, 4-day, 5-day or All Access OSCON passes made and paid-in-full during the Promotion Period. Not valid with any other offer or discount (excluding OSCON early-bird conference pricing). If full payment is not made at the time of registration, registrant will become eligible for Promotion once full payment of the registration fee is received by O'Reilly. Not valid for any registration made outside the Promotion Period or for complimentary passes or passes included as part of any sponsor or exhibitor package.
- The first 500 registrants who meet the above requirements (each, a "Recipient") will each receive one (1) "Gift," which for U.S. recipients is a fifty dollar ($50.00 USD) Converse e-gift card, along with a twenty percent (20%) off coupon, both redeemable only at converse.com, and for recipients with billing addresses outside the U.S. is the opportunity to place an order with Sponsor for one complimentary pair of Converse Chuck Taylor classic, low-top sneakers which will be available for pickup at the Conference (subject to ordering deadlines). Information regarding Gifts will be transmitted to Recipients via the email address provided with their OSCON registration. Gift is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Any Recipient who later cancels their registration may forfeit Gift. Sponsor is not responsible for facilitating any exchanges or refunds on items ordered by Recipients.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any failure in transmission, however caused, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications line failure, theft or destruction of information. Sponsor is not responsible for its failure to receive any email, registration or any other electronic transmission due to software failure, technical problems, human error or congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof.
- Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value if the offered Gifts are unavailable for any reason. Gifts are provided "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF GIFT IS AT RECIPIENT'S OWN RISK.
- U.S. law applies to this Promotion along with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion (i) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion; and/or (ii) to disqualify any registrant that Sponsor finds, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Sponsor may prohibit an registrant from participating in the Promotion or receiving Gift if, in its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor determines that said registrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other registrants, Sponsor or users of Sponsor's services.
- O'Reilly and OSCON are the registered trademarks of O'Reilly Media, Inc. Converse and Chuck Taylor are registered trademarks of Converse Inc.