Very few conferences run for 15 years and still retain the forward-thinking, fresh attitude towards technology that younger conferences have. OSCON is the exception."
–Meghan Athavale, Athavale, PO-MO Inc.
OSCON Call for Speakers Is Now Closed
Thank you to everyone who submitted a proposal to speak at OSCON 2014—we received over 1100 proposals this year, a record number! The program committee is now in the process of reviewing them all and we hope to notify everyone by early April. You can check on the status of your proposal at any time in your user account.
Registration will open in late March or early April.
Five Reasons to Attend OSCON
- Get straight to the epicenter of all things open source and get better at what you do. OSCON is around-the-clock, intense focus on crucial open source technologies. Whether you are improving your command of a language, getting exposure to new products and vendors, or absorbing tips to enhance your productivity, your time at OSCON will make you better at what you do. You'll take away skills and knowledge that you can apply immediately to your work.
- Learn from the best and make valuable connections. At OSCON, you'll hear from the best and most original minds in your field. Our lineup of speakers includes seasoned pros as well as notable newcomers to the scene; what sets them apart is their passion for the technology and willingness to share their expertise. OSCON is immersive, extreme learning at its best, driven by the energy and enthusiasm of all of its participants. The people you meet at OSCON may turn to out to be the most valuable connections in your career.
- Get solutions to your biggest challenges that you can apply today. List your biggest headaches and compare it to the OSCON program. Odds are, the solutions await you. Maybe you want to see what software other startups choose for their stack. Or explore the latest in open source hardware. Need to learn more about deploying open source in the cloud? The best open source choices for your latest project? Learn about these and more in OSCON's in-depth tutorials and sessions.
- See the latest developments, products, services, and career trends. At OSCON, you'll see first-hand how others—from start-ups to innovators to some of the world's most successful companies—are using open source technologies to achieve their goals. You'll identify the products and technologies that matter most to your work, and learn how other organizations structure their work, build teams, and plan for the future.
- Hear it first at OSCON. OSCON is not just about existing technologies. From the beginning, the open source revolution has shaped the way the world uses software, and some of the biggest innovations in the open source ecosystem are announced at OSCON. You'll see new ideas and directions emerge, and you'll be present when the latest research, best practices, technologies, and analytic approaches are unveiled.