Puppet is a declarative configuration management language commonly used to automate role assignment of provisioned server instances.
OpenStack is an open source project that is gaining a lot of traction in the infrastructure as a service space. It provides everything you need to build your own cloud, including: a virtualization manager, image database, and remote object store.
OpenStack gives you the power to provision virtual machine instances and Puppet allows you to manage OpenStack. Together, they provide the functionality required to build your own cloud, manage it, and deploy applications into it.
The session will cover the following:
- An introduction to OpenStack
- A brief introduction to Puppet
- An explanation of how the tools can work together to build and manage your own cloud
- An explanation of how Puppet an be used to automate the configuration of machine instances for role assignment
- An explanation of the current and future development efforts to more tightly integrate the tools
Dan has worked in the technology industry as a consultant and software developer for almost a decade. He has spent most of the last 4 years building infrastructure automation solutions and teaching people how to use Puppet. He currently works in the Business Development at PuppetLabs where he spends his time researching technologies and figuring out how they can be integrated with Puppet to provide value.
Comments on this page are now closed.
For information on exhibition and sponsorship opportunities at the conference, contact Sharon Cordesse at (707) 827-7065 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a complete list of OSCON contacts